This course is designed to provide a working knowledge of first aid for skippers and crew within 60 miles off shore. TMS is an RYA First Aid accredited training centre and the syllabus is based…
This course is designed to provide a working knowledge of first aid for skippers and crew within 60 miles off shore. TMS is an RYA First Aid accredited training centre and the syllabus is based on the recommendations of the RYA, Health and Safety Executive and the Maritime and Coastguard Agency. TMS first aid courses also specialise in first aid family crews, racing crews as well as those going through RYA yachtmaster. The certificate fulfils the requirements of the MCA Code of Practice for the skippers of small commercial vessels up to category 2.
£75.00 (Inc VAT) – Discount for 6 or more students (click here to book)
(All students have to purchase the St John Ambulance / British Red Cross First Aid Manual, 2005 edition 8, available from TMS at £12.99)
Further discounts available if this course is combined with our Sea Survival Training (click here for details)
By the end of the course the student should be able to:
- Perform CPR and understand the differential for drowning.
- Understand the importance of the recovery position
- Apply direct pressure to a wound to control bleeding.
- Understand the term shock, recognise and treat it
- Understand the treatment for cold shock
- Recognise the signs of a reduced level of response
- And general first aid care for:-
- breathing difficulties
- chest pain
- diabetic emergency
- Choose suitable first aid equipment for their boat.
- Understand how to get medical advice or assistance by radio.
- Understand how to prepare for the evacuation of a casualty by helicopter.
This course is a must for all who sail and powerboat on a regular basis. This certificate is valid for 3 years from the time of issue and is a prerequisite for those taking the Yachtmaster Offshore Examination. The RYA First Aid Course is held at a modern classroom and includes all materials, morning and afternoon tea. Lunch is not included.